Karoz Fine Silver
Explore and see my creations in silver past and present. Some of the pieces are embellished with gold and other media. I use a product called Precious Metal Clay or PMC. The clay can contain pure silver or pure gold. The precious metals in the clay are microscopic in size and are bound together with an organic binder and water. It is worked the same as ceramic clays. It can be sculpted, carved, extruded, added to ceramics or glass. When dried it is fired in a kiln. During firing the binder burns away and the product that is left is .999 pure silver (fine silver) or 24k gold.
I am certified PMC artisan and teach lessons on its use. If this peeks your interest and you would like to know more let me know. My email address is [email protected]
I look forward to hearing from you.
2009 First place winner in the PMC catagory of the Saul Bell Award !
Professional and Academic affiliations:
- Co-owner of Art Coop Gallery at the Crestwood Court Mall from 2009 to 2011 (the mall closed in 2/31/2012.)
- Featured in Best Of America Jewelry Artists Vol.II Book, 2009
- First place winner of the 2009 Saul Bell Award in the PMC (Precious Metal Clay) category
- A Juried member of The Best of Missouri Hands
- Laumeier Sculpture Park member and docent 2007-2010
- Elected Who's Who in American Junior Colleges, published in the Who's Who Book 1993.
- Vice President of PTK 1991-92